Provides guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses for renewable energy systems or to make energy efficiency improvements.
Who may apply?
- Agricultural producers with at least 50% of gross income coming from agricultural operations, and
- Small businesses in eligible rural areas.
NOTE: Agricultural producers and small businesses must have no outstanding delinquent federal taxes, debt, judgment or debarment.
What is an eligible area?
- Businesses must be in an area other than a city or town with a population of greater than 50,000 inhabitants and the urbanized area of that city or town.
- Agricultural producers may be in rural or non-rural areas.
How may the funds be used?
Funds may be used for renewable energy systems, such as:
- Biomass (for example: biodiesel and ethanol, anaerobic digesters, and solid fuels)
- Geothermal for electric generation or direct use
- Hydropower below 30 megawatts
- Small and large wind generation
- Small and large solar generation
- Ocean (tidal, current, thermal) generation
Applications for this program are accepted year round at your local office
Simple Masthead Template (usda.gov)
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of IdahoLandCAN.
The Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) is not employed by or affiliated with the Idaho Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact The Rural Energy for America Program (REAP)
USDA Rural Development
Renewable Energy Systems & Energy Efficiency Improvement Guaranteed Loans & Grants
1400 Independence Avenue SW
Room 205-W Mail Stop 0107
Washington, DC 20250-0107
Toll Free: 800-670-6553
National service provider