As a Deputy Attorney General for the State of Idaho, Mr. Becker represented the Idaho Department of Lands and the State Board of Land Commissioners (The Governor, Secretary of State, Secretary of Public Education, Controller, and Attorney General) in all matters ranging from day to day advice to multi-million dollar law suits. His clients oversaw the administration of approximately 2.4 million acres of land, managed primarily to provide income to the school children of Idaho. He provided legal guidance with issues such as public auction land sales, land exchanges, easements, commercial real estate, grazing, wind leases, timber contracts, and mining claims. Mr. Becker also represented the State in recovering millions of dollars in fire suppression costs from negligent corporations and individuals, one of which was the largest settlement ever recovered in the history of Idaho ($1.5 million).
Mr. Becker has also handled a wide range of legal matters and represented clients ranging from Wal-Mart, to large insurance companies, to farmers, as well as people with personal injury claims against major corporations and government entities. He has handled cases all across Idaho from Boise to the more rural counties and is admitted to practice in both Idaho state and federal courts.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2004, J.D
- Dean's Merit Scholar
- Certificate in Environmental Law, Science and Policy
- Pennsylvania State University, 2000, Major: Biology
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
Memberships and Offices
- Inns of Court, 2011 - present
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, 2011 - present
- Idaho Conservation League, Board of Directors 2009 - Present; Board Secretary 2010 - present
- Land Trust of the Treasure Valley, Board of Directors 2010 - present
- Idaho State Bar, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, Board of Directors 2011 - present
- Penn State Alumni Association, Treasure Valley Chapter, Founding Board Member and Vice President 2010 - 2011
- Boise Young Professionals, Executive Leadership Team 2007 - 2009
Contact J. Kahle Becker
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of IdahoLandCAN.
J. Kahle Becker is not employed by or affiliated with the Idaho Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact J. Kahle Becker
Attorney At Law
223 North 6th Street
Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 345-8466
Fax: (208) 906-8663
Statewide service provider in: